Scratches Left in the Hardpan

I am the Black Rock Lobster, superhero and protector of Black Rock City. Herein are my reports of patrols and experiences there in the jeweled city on the sands of a vanished sea.

.

Black Rock Lobster is commonly reffered to as "Lobsterman."

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

REPORT ON BURNINGMAN 2009 PART I: BASICS

The Bar end of our Bar/Art Gallery theme camp.


The Black Rock Lobster is back from The Burn, with plenty of adventures to share.

For now, a few brief notes on the things that stand out most:

  • We are a theme camp! It was our second year camping with The Velvet Soulmine (a bar) and operating my Art Gallery as part of the Theme Camp. Of all my burns it stands out as being the most fun with friends and neighbors. My friend Randy runs the Soulmine and he is one cool cat. He brought friends together from all around the nation and I enjoyed camping with all of them. I even made new friends that live in SLC!

  • We had an Art Car! Again, thanks to the SOULMINE crew we finally had an Art Car- something the Lobsterman needs to experience more. It was great touring all the art we usually miss because it's way out in the deep playa.

  • I participated even more! In addition to being several of Black Rock City's Superheroes, and creating an art gallery, I also got to display my best painting up in Center Camp. That was great, as it was seen by tens of thousands of folks.


That's the skinny for now, Lobster Fans. I'll post more in the days to come, including some photos.

No comments: